From public transport
Well connected through the city
From Hotel Capricorno, you can explore the entire city centre on foot and also have many public transport options right outside the hotel door. Travel criss-cross through the city, along the Ringstrasse or even as far as Bratislava.
Sightseeing with the U4 from Schwedenplatz station.
Many of Vienna's buildings worth seeing are located on the U4 underground line, a particularly popular statue, certainly the most colourful waste incineration plant in the world and, of course, Schönbrunn.
- U4 Spittelau Station - It was Friedenreich Hundertwasser who designed the Spittelau waste incineration plant in his style. The striking golden tower is visible from afar.
- U4 Stadtpark station - the gilded bronze image of Johann Strauss in the Stadtpark is probably the most photographed statue in Vienna.
- U4 station Karlsplatz - here stands the imposing Vienna State Opera at the entrance to Kärntner Straße.
- U4 station Kettenbrückengasse - A walk through the Naschmarkt is a must when visiting Vienna.
- U4 Schönbrunn Station - Schönbrunn Palace, the Gloriette and the beautiful palace gardens are the top attractions in Vienna.
- U4 Hietzing Station - The best way to Schönbrunn Zoo.
Ring-Round with tram line 1 and 2 from Schwedenplatz station.
Tram line 1 takes you counterclockwise along Vienna's famous Ringstrasse, past the City Palace, the Ringturm, the Vienna Stock Exchange, the University, the City Hall, the Parliament, the Natural History Museum, the Art History Museum and the Hofburg. At Karlsplatz, line 1 leaves the Ring heading south.
Tram line 2 takes you clockwise along the Ringstraße, past the Urania Observatory, the Austrian Postal Savings Bank, the MAK, the Stadtpark, Schwarzenbergplatz with the Hochstrahlbrunnen, via Karlsplatz to the Parliament. Only there does line 2 leave the Ring in a westerly direction.
Sightseeing with the U1 from Schwedenplatz station.
The U1 underground line is not only home to the most famous church in the country, but also the buildings with the highest views of Vienna and the famous "blue" Danube.
- U1 Alte Donau Station - You have an incredibly wide view over Vienna from the 252-metre-high observation platform of the Danube Tower.
- U1 station Kaisermühlen - Here you can't miss the UN headquarters.
- U 1 station Donauinsel - On one side the Danube, on the other the recreational paradise of the Viennese, the Donauinsel.
- U1 Praterstern station - The main attraction of the Vienna Prater, the Ferris wheel, can be seen right at the entrance on the large Prater meadow.
- U1 Stephansplatz station - from Hotel Capricorno you can of course also reach Vienna's landmark, St. Stephen's Cathedral, on foot.
- U1 Karlsplatz - The Albertina has much more to offer than the Dürer Hare.
Vienna Ring Tram
The starting and ending point of the Vienna Ring Tram is also at Schwedenplatz. If you want to take it easy, you can get a wonderful overview of the city this way in 25 minutes. (Ticket sales in the tram)
Twin City Liner
The station of the Twin City Liner is located directly at the Schwedenbrücke. The fast catamaran connects Europe's two closest capitals, Vienna and Bratislava, in just 75 minutes. (Ticket sales at the station or online)
Taxi directly in front of the hotel door
Get to your destination quickly, an official taxi rank is located right next to the Hotel Capricorno.
What our guests say
"Nigel" - September 2023 - expedia
Loved Hotel Capricorno in Wien
We stayed in Hotel Capricorno. The location was perfect as it is on the edge of the Altstadt. Public transport is close by and very accessible. The Riverboat to Bratislava is also a 10 minute walk away. All major sights are closeby. Although the rooms aren’t very big, the Hotel has paid a lot of attention to small detail which made our stay very comfortable We particularly enjoyed the free afternoon tea with cake as a nice touch. The staff were fantastic. So very helpful that nothing was too much for them. Breakfasts were good with a great choice. Overall, we really liked this place and highly recommend it for the staff and location.
As you can see, the Hotel Capricorno is perfectly connected to the public. Start planning your Vienna holiday right away based on the ideal location of the Hotel Capricorno at Schwedenplatz in Vienna and book directly online.